Friday, October 16, 2009

It's All Coming Back to Me Now...

I always hesitate to use the word 'normal' when describing, well, anything at all to do with the lives of Kevin and Pat. But this week, things are closer to normal, as I remember it, as they've been for some time. This week, quiet is the new normal.

Actually, what feels normal right this moment is me, sitting hear in my office at the computer. Pat's sitting at the dining room table with the laptop, singing softly along with Basia on the headphones. But the this-is-how-it-should-be part is that we're working on a project together, she on the visuals and me on the words. Word-Man and Visual-Woman once again together battling the forces of...er, non-videoness. Sorry, guess I lost steam on the metaphor along the way, but you see where this is all heading.

Anyway, we're working together on a CrossWorld video to be used at the upcoming Urbana conference between Christmas and New Years. Won't let any cats out of the bag just yet, but you'll be getting tastes of various things we're doing for this over the coming weeks. Stay tuned.

And a shout-out to Sally for the pumpkin bread. With a bow, no less!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your report of "normal" for you both brought such a sense of peace to my heart. What joy there is in quietly working together!

Nightmayer said...

So true. Pat and I have always considered it a gift given to us that we so enjoy working together. It's good to be easing back into that. Thanks!

Kevin

Anonymous said...

Just checking in. You guys ok?
Love and Happy All Hallows Eve,
Cara