Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday's Button: Attitude

For this week of physical therapy here at the Mayo Pat has created a different button to wear each day. Today's button reads:
Attitude is what makes the difference between an ordeal and an adventure.

The long and the short of it is, the week is off to a great start. The physical therapist assigned to Pat for the entire week is nothing short of terrific. She and Pat "click", and she told Pat that Pat can wear whatever she wants to their sessions. That means Our Girl wears spike heels for the wheel chair rides to the 'gym', then changes into her flats. Apparently she's the first to try this innovative approach. (And Pat says I never take her out.)

One of the best things about the day is that the physical therapist is openly confident that this will indeed help Pat. Doesn't seem to be much question about it. (Sweet.) She makes no bones that it will be a lot of hard work for Pat and there are no bets as to how long things will eventually take, as this week is just a kickstarter for the whole process. And the morning session was indeed at times hard, BUT Pat and I can already see a difference. I'll guard the optimism and stop there.

Thanks all for the prayers and encouragement. God is blessing this time already. Stay tuned.

8 comments:

T said...

Pat
You are hilarious!
I can honestly think of no other person who would wear spiked heels to PT! HA! GO PAT GO!!!

T said...

And your button idea is wonderful. I love today's button. Posting that one!!

Love,
Terrie

Brandon Barker said...

I am praying for you both this week. The Barker family loves you!

Kate and Chad said...

Glad to hear things are off to a good start! Wishing you the best!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! Spike heels are SO PT right now! Ha!! You show 'em, girl!!!
Love you!
Cara

Nightmayer said...

Thanks Terrie, Brandon, Kate and Chad! All the fun and heartwarming messages from everyone are such an encouragement to us. And Cara -- you always crack us up, sister! Love you all. -- K&P

deb said...

You make me smile :) When we grow up I want to have your attitude! Seriously, of course you would war heels to the gym (you wouldn't be Pat if you didn't). I would love to see that - funny I'm sure. I love you guys and have been praying!
Love Deb H.

Anonymous said...

Mr Mayer, I am concerned that you are being left out====so if you wish I can send you A TIE and A TOP HAT to wheel your bride to the PT room. GOD BLESS YOU BOTH mr j-bo