Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Is he still alive?

Yikes! I see that Pat's been doing all the blogging lately and I've not been holding up my end of the bargain. Honest, I really do still exist. In fact, there's proof.

Proof #1: This link will get you to the online recording of a sermon I preached at our church the Sunday before last. In-depth voiceprint analysis by the FBI and the NSA reveal yes, that really is me speaking.

Proof #2: Our ministry arranged to have graffiti artist Dave Cline do his thing at the Art Fest in Waukee the Saturday before last. Those of you who follow the things we do will surely recognize the giant canvas he used as being from last year's Project 23 at the same event, base coated black for Dave's spray-painting genius.


His piece says "Rebirth", though he's covering part of it in the photo. One of the best parts of the event was that Dave got to meet and watch local artist of renown Bill Butler, who painted live during one of the band's music sets -- with his hands! Dave was so inspired, he did the same kind of thing the very next night before his own church's youth group, a piece about Brokenness. Sweet, that's why we do what we do.

And Proof #3: I'm expected at one of the performances this weekend of a play I wrote some time back. (Still gets produced from time to time in various places. Sweet.) I'll be part of the Talk Back session afterward. Okay, so not exactly a "proof" per se, but somebody believes I still exist, so it does add credence to the theory. Can't wait to see how the play ends. Er, wait...

So, still alive and kicking. And as always, thanking God for you!

No comments: