Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Thirst for "Thirst"

Kevin was asked by two different organizations to produce his play, "Thirst" this summer. One is our friend Danon Parks, of Kansas City (who coincidentally produced it as his graduate project at Kansas University with some controversy) who is doing it at his church. The other is the Culture House in Kansas City. They are a christian art group with a huge emphasis on quality and teaching dance and theater. They want to produce it with their high school students.

I had to promise not to laud him too much in order to write this blog, but I just gotta say, I am so proud of him. I know he is gifted and it does my heart good to see others recognize that in him. This will mean "Thirst " will have been produced around a dozen times (Kevin nonchalantly said this morning).

How cool, this was an early effort of ours to use the arts to reach people with the gospel in a non-taditional, intelligent and excellent way. Go, God! It was great to get some affirmation!

4 comments:

christianlady said...

How amazing. My children are in the version in KC...with very minimal lines but still are enjoying being a part of Thirst. Saw it at KU also years ago and loved it...

Anonymous said...

Suuuuuuwwwweeeeeeeet!!!! Can't wait to go see them perform it@!!@ I've been wanting to get my hands on that thing myself;)
Traci

Anonymous said...

Well, slacker that I am, I am just seeing this post. OOPS!!
Thanks so much for expressing your pride in my guy! I, too, am so immeasurably proud of him. I get to be in the play this time around, which is very exciting for me. I am constantly amazed at the play Thirst, and how it moves people. It is an incredible outreach, as well as a great edification for the Body. I am also deeply moved at how God has brought some of my favorite people together to perform this play. I love, LOVE our cast and crew. They are all amazing people with servant spirits: true servant leaders! It is an honor to share in this project with them, to the glory of God! Anyway, I am grateful to the great creative minds that birthed Thirst, and the grace you've shown us in allowing us to put up your incredible art! Wow! Our cups run over!

Anonymous said...

Oops again, as I forgot to "sign" my above post. : )
Cara Erickson-Park