Monday, December 29, 2008

Who is pulling for us?


























"Come unto me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take up my yoke and learn all about me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28

I have been working on this piece for more than two months, after hearing a Jamie Smith song. And the refrain is "Oh, how you love me." It has been a very tough year for us, many disappointments, many struggles and many sad losses, but also triumphs and blessings. Perhaps it is my reoccurring depression that has me focused on the former and not on the latter. But my desire is to remember the blessings, the truth, the hope, and the image that Jesus is pulling in the boat with me. I am safe and taken care of because He is yoked with me in this life. I am so grateful for that. (Not coincidentally, Pastor Geoff spoke on this verse last Sunday. When Westwind posts it, we will put a link to it.)

I like this image of Christ as the old seaman who is full of wisdom and doesn't fear anything! And I often feel vulnerable like that little girl in a situation that is greater than her own strength can possibly manage and worse than she can really comprehend.

Some of you, dear friends, have been praying for us recently, and we are grateful beyond words. And for those who have also financially supported us, (with tears in my eyes) Thank you! May He richly bless you as you have so richly blessed us.

No comments: