Monday, November 3, 2008

The Party at 'The Creek'

We had an absolute gas at the 'party' (see my previous blog) at Willow Creek Baptist Church last night. The folks there are ALWAYS so gracious and warm with us. And this time, their tech folks were just downright impressive. I asked for a last-minute showing of the video clip about Pat's healing and the boys in the booth accommodated wonderfully. Then, last night when I got home, I checked their website just to see if they do podcast their evening services, and my message was already there! Okay, I'm floored.

You can check out the message yourself (Kevin's message) but here's the executive summary. Our joy during a trial, not the outcome, is what brings God glory. The junk life throws at us is an opportunity for us to show the world Christ in us even when the ending isn't all warm and fuzzy. Okay, 'nuff said. No sense re-preaching the message to you.

So, a big shout out to Pastor Mike, Pastor Cody, and Pastor Trent for the opportunity and all the help; to the family at Willow Creek for your attentiveness; and to all my friends who crashed the party with me.

No comments: