Wednesday, October 22, 2008

updates...isn't this always an update?...

Hey everyone. Trying to get back on the ball for the blog. As you might imagine, if you have put any thought to it at all, which you probably don't, and why would you, you have your own problems to think about...

We have been doing a lot of little things. Which until I heard Geoff's sermon last Sunday discouraged me. He talked about the first thirty years of Jesus' life and how he was busy doing the little things, like taking care of his mother, and learning the Torah, and being a good Jewish son and honoring God in his daily life, etc and that this was a great way to serve God. Doing the little things in life that honor God.

That meant a lot to me. I have been trying to do a little more with myself lately with varying results. Mostly, if I do anything physical it wears me out in a most remarkable fashion. For instance, Monday I picked up about 20 lbs of dog poo and framed Kevin's prints (he's been patiently waiting for me to do this for almost two months) I also changed the sheets on my own bed. I was so worn out by the evening that I was sore and couldn't move. The next day I was in bed until about 4:00 pm! Just tired! Not symptomatic, just worn out!

So it is back to the drawing board for me to figure out just what a "normal" day is for me. I am trying to build back my strength so I can have some energy but it is turning out to be such a snails pace even I am mystified by it, and I am the one who has been in bed for nearly 10 months!


So, back to the small things that bring God honor. I can't do all I want, nor all I think I should...(there's a trap if ever I heard one..."should") but if it was an honoring life for Christ to live doing the little things, then it should be enough for me. I will keep working on being OK with that.

To hear the message (and it is really about Christ's baptism) and is really great! I've listened twice already, here is the link:
Click on "Oct 19, 2008, Geoff Safford" in green.

2 comments:

Amy said...

It was a great sermon and a great reminder! Missed seeing you there, though...

Anonymous said...

Yeah I think i would leave the dog poo for someone else next time. Yucky. lol. Good seeing you last week.
Love ya Chris