Monday, August 25, 2008

update...

Well, thank you all for your prayers.

My mom is scheduled for surgery on Friday this week. She will be in the hospital for seven to ten days and we will get the pathology afterward, maybe up to two weeks depending on how many lymph nodes they collect. She will have about 10" (the first third) of her colon removed and the small intestine reconnected to the "traverse" colon. (learning so much!?) The good news is that there will not be a need for a 'bag' and she will not have to have radiation (as the case worker pointed out, there is nothing there to radiate after the section has been removed.)

I won't be able to take my usual role in this which has been to be able to step in and take care of the loose ends and see that Jennifer (my sister with MS whom my mother takes care of) is also cared for. It has always been a privilege for me to be able to have that role. I am relying on God grace once again to be okay with not being there for them. I have a wonderful family. They are all pitching in to help.

I have a really wonderful mother. She is strong, generous, loving, caring and selfless. And she loves God. She is a good friend, mother, mother-in-law, and I love her very dearly. I have been blessed tremendously to have such a woman as my mother.

Thank you for your prayers.

3 comments:

Brandt Marshall said...

Thanks for the update. I am really glad to see that your family is working together to take care of your mother. Such honoring words for her from you.

Pencilwit said...

Thanks for responding and reading. Not getting comments on this was making me think no one was reading any more! Thanks, man!

Anonymous said...

We are praying for your family during this hard time. Keep us updated. Good to chat with ya on sunday.
Love ya.
Chris