Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Picture of Generosity


This is what selfless
generosity looks like.

It comes in the form of a couple who works very -very- hard for a living, but have a heart for God that makes them want to be a part of His work around the world. They live over ten hours from us, so they make up a lame excuse to come to Iowa, and oh yeah, see Kevin and Pat. Get up at 4:00 am to get to Iowa and see us?! While they are here they hand us a check that reflects significant sacrifice on their part financially.


Now, let's not forget that they drove all the way here when gas prices are at their all-time highest, spend money on a hotel so as not to 'put us out', and miss work while doing all of this! They smile as they hug us good bye, leaving at a reasonable hour despite our protest, because they don't want to make me overly tired.

I am always humbled and floored at the sacrifices God's people make for His work. And that they choose to do it through our ministry is overwhelming. It shows us again and again, how much God loves us, and how much He is loved around the world. Thank you God for your people and how profoundly you work in our lives through them.

It is with tears in my eyes that I am remembering you, J. and A. for being the hands and feet of JESUS to us. Thanks for making His love for us so real, and your love for us so comforting, and thank you for making our calling possible.

Thank you everyone who is making a sacrifice for His work here and now. We don't always know the full story or the extent of your sacrifice, but we are humbled and honored and touched by them all.

1 comment:

Brandt Marshall said...

Great Googly Moogly! That's fantastic!

I was contemplating that someday, I hope God shows me all the unknown sacrifices that people made for me that I never knew about. And, this reminds me to thank God and all the people that made sacrifices for me that I DO know about.

Here's just one for me. Laurel, my wife. I just got to see one more example of selfless generosity from her this week. Sorry... this one's gotta stay a secret. But thanks God for proving cute co-eds really do come from Pella.