Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Last, but not least

For those of you keeping score at home, here's painting #3 for the art event in Dusseldorf. I won't give any spoilers this time, except to say do some comparing between the three pieces. Remember, it's a triptych (work in three sections). Yesterday we shipped off two other pieces (for a total of five at the event), which happen to be a diptych. That means "two", not a picture of me (Kevin).


And now, off to the airport for our flight to Paris. Over the weekend we will meet with Jim Biese from La Founderie and we will also hook up with Sami and Kyle Isliwa, church planters newly arrived in Paris, though they've lived there before. We expect to learn much from what these kind people can tell us about ministry in France.

Troy tells me to give you specific prayer requests each day, which I'll do as much as email access allows me. My prayer today: That it's not about the trip. Of course we want to arrive safely and with all our luggage and without delays, blah, blah, blah. But with so much emphasis the last few days on the logistics of getting there, I'd like to not have that be a distraction to why we are there. We're there to listen and to learn and to hear God.

So, now you know how to pray for us, today.

No comments: